Friday, 12 July 2013

Hawaii...the beginning

I can't believe over 8 months has passed that I've been in the USA. You could say I was looking forward to going to Hawaii to meet up with my sister and the kids but that would be an understatement. To be honest I was more excited about seeing my nephews then the actual holiday itself. And Nathan, well he's going to be a heartbreaker some day... I asked him what his favourite thing has been on this holiday so far and he said 'seeing you teta'..awwwww!
So far we have wandered around Waikiki, gone shopping at Ala Moana, swam in the pool (it's huge we love it!), and gone to wet and wild. Yes I'm sure many of you didn't even know there was a wet and wild in Hawaii, and those of you that are from Australia I can tell you that the one in the Gold Coast is much better and bigger than this one. They also had a lot of the slides closed which is strange for peak season, but whenever there is water around the kids have a great time.
We're staying at the beautiful Outrigger Reef on the Beach (you have to say the full name because there are like 3 of them in Waikiki) and we've also rented a car for a couple of days to get us around the island. Oh how I've missed driving. It's funny how with family no matter how long it's been things just fall back into place as though nothing ever changed. We're still counting our punch buggies and the kids still sing along to the music in the car.... Pics to come.
(www.outriggerreef-onthebeach.com/‎)

No comments:

Post a Comment