Sunday, 29 December 2013

Christmas Craptacular


Every year for the past 5 years my friends Leo and Sunil have hosted a Christmas Craptacular. This year I had the pleasure of attending and although it took me 3 hours to get to Brooklyn it was well worth it.
I know you’re all wondering ‘what’s a Christmas craptacular?’  I was wondering the same thing myself. You see it’s a party where everybody brings a gift that they received that they didn’t like and they re-gift it. Some people’s crap is other peoples treasure right! The gifts were all placed at a table and we all drew numbers for the order in which we would choose our gift. You get to pick anything from the table. But wait, there’s a catch. The person who draws after you can either keep their gift or swap their gift with the ones that had already opened their gifts.
Now I was number 16 out of about 22 people so I thought cool, I’m near the end I have a whole bunch to choose from. The award for the crappiest gift would have definitely been the broken scissors somebody got and the award to the most favourite “crap” that kept getting stolen was the Monopoly board game with the Barbra Streisand CD coming in a close second. I got a facial steamer in which I swapped for that Monopoly board game, only to have the game stolen from me and I was left with a few bits and pieces. (pic below)
All in all it was a hilarious evening. It wasn’t about the gifts, it was about the laughs and the company.





Some of the gifts
And the gift opening begins


My gift
Our party favors designed by Sunil

No comments:

Post a Comment